Bray Removals are the experts and will be happy to talk you through all your requirements when moving. Below are some general moving house tips to make move day run smoothly:
- It is a good idea to sketch out the floor plan of your new location to decide on placement of goods and furniture. This will speed up the removal process on moving day.
- Notify all service providers e.g. electricity, telephone, cable, gas etc. of your impending change of address as early as possible.
- Notify Bray Removals if any of the details of your move have changed since your estimate.
- Notify An Post of your change of address.
- Decide if you will avail of Bray Removals’ expert packing service. We offer a full or partial packing service to suit your requirements.
- Empty fridge and freezer in advance of moving day.
- Wills, deeds, official documents and other unique items (jewelry, photos, home videos) are difficult if not impossible to replace. Plan to carry them with you instead of packing them.
- Make sure to be on hand when Bray Removals arrive. If this is not possible please elect a representative and notify Bray Removals to whom you have given this authority.
- Plan to be available to direct removal staff as they unload your goods to your new location.
moving house tips